Categories
Search
Bottom

+1 and FB Like Button disappear when filtering AJAX activity stream

• billzy
    Participant

@billzy

Hi,

I have coded in buttons for each activity entry to allow users to like, +1,tweet & Like any activity in buyddpress. It works fine when I load the news page but when I change from All Members to My Groups the buttons all disappear after AJAX refreshes the content.

I am using the html5 version of the fb like plugin and the normal +1 button code.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Billy

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

those buttons are loaded via javascript on page load. When you refresh activity stream via ajax the button’s code is not called again. This is why they do not show. I killed javascript buttons on my share plugin because it really slowed down BP activity (the javascript code gets called for every activity item on page x each button using javascript) and for the same reason you are experiencing. You could also try to use your own image for the buttons. This is against Facebook TOS but there are some tuts online. Google “custom like button facebook”.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘+1 and FB Like Button disappear when filtering AJAX activity stream’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar