Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

-1 error when attempting to add friend from member list.

• We are running WP 3.0 with BuddyPress 1.2.5.2, BuddyPress Group Email Subscription 2.5, Forum Attachments for BuddyPress 0.2.3, BP Groupblog 1.4.4, Invite Anyone 0.6.5, and Smart Youtube 3.7 plugins. When we attempt to add friends or accept friend requests we are receiving an -1 error and it does not process the request or acceptance. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have an idea on how to resolve the issue?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Same issue if you disable all other plugins?

Yes. Not only when they have been disabled, but the error occurs when BuddyPress 1.2.5.2 is the only plugin installed. All other plugins have been removed.

Another odd issue with the error. As stated, if we select add friend from the members list the -1 error occurs but if we resort the order and try the process again and the button will change to friendship requested. It still does not process correctly though. The new friend request does perform the notification…the request friend has the option to accept or ignore but when selecting accept, the button for ingnore disapears and the button for accept stays but is fadded out.

Fran Parker
    Participant

@5buckreview

having a similar problem with add friend get error _inc/ajax.php:465

it has been confirmed by another member of the buddy press site

Fran Parker
    Participant

@5buckreview

the preface is a warning Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by

Fran Parker
    Participant

@5buckreview

In my particular BuddyPress installation, I just had to get rid of the fivestarrating plugin, to fix this error problem.

I am running WordPress 3.01 with Buddypress 1.2.6 (just installed). My problem appears to be similar. Details follow.

The first time a user goes to the profile of the user requesting the friendship, the Accept and Reject buttons appear. However, if they do not click one of the buttons, then a greyed out “Friendship requested” button appears in all places where the “Accept” button would have appeared.

I have quite a few plugins installed, but none of the ones mentioned in this thread.

Turns out the problem was with me not being familiar enough with Buddypress. I hadn’t realized the “Accept” button only appears under /members/username/friends/requests/ and not in other places in the profile or member list.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘-1 error when attempting to add friend from member list.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar