Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1 Login to Rule them All

• msgliniewicz
    Participant

@msgliniewicz

My theme comes with a Login box BUT, I do not want to use one for the site and one for BuddyPress, I’d rather use 1 LOGIN for the whole site.

I want to NOT USE the theme login on box.

How do I set my theme up so I can use BuddyPress login only?

Shawn

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Nexus66
    Participant

@nexus66

I too want to have the same feature, If someone has any solution Please let us know.

danbp

@danbp

@msgliniewicz, @nexus66

is not a feature to ask for and is already existing.

@msgliniewicz
    , if you want to remove your theme login part, see your theme support or documentation first. Generally, this is made by creating a child theme, from where you can remove in a safe way the whole html concerning the login part.

Reminder

1. WordPress is the heart of your install. In any case.
    2. BuddyPress is only a plugin
    3. You can use any theme you want to get WP and BP showing

Site login

1. WordPress is the only one who manage logins and comes with a login widget.
    2. BuddyPress add xprofile (if enabled) to the WP login form. In other words, BP extend the WP login form and give you the ability to use it’s own login widget.
    3. Your theme can also come with a login widget.

But there is only one login logic: username | password | login/logout | and sometimes additionnal tools like Remeber me and/or Forgot your password ?

This means that you can use the WP login widget, or the BP login widget or your theme login widget. The only thing you have to do is to activate ONLY(preferably) one of these widget and to stay clear and logic with yourself.

• If you use BP, choose preferably BuddyPress tools to show the plugin.
    • If you want to promote a mega super genius awesome responsive coffe delivering theme over anything else installed on your site, use the theme tools.

In this case, remind to checkout any conflict possibility between such a theme and any of your plugins, even BP.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘1 Login to Rule them All’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar