Bottom

2 sites, cannot post to Groups, looping back to Group page

• rayasunn
    Participant

@rayasunn

WordPress 4.9.8 running CoverNews Pro theme
    BP Version 3.2.0
    site: http://www.sdcbalawandtech.org/

I just installed BP and group posting is not working. When logged in as the admin or as a test user on another browser. I deactivated all plugins, no resolve. I uninstalled and reinstalled BP, no resolve. I installed theme Twenty Seventeen, no resolve. I installed BP on another site I manage and all the same issues. When clicking on the group name, it just loops back to the Groups page. I’ve placed screenshots and a movie on this page:
    http://www.sdcbalawandtech.org/bp-troubles/
    I hope these help and dont make you say wtf, haha

Could there be a setting or an option or something I did on both sites that is preventing posting? Please make me feel stupid, I would love for this to be a simple fix. Any help – especially outside of the things I’ve already tried would be so great. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• shanebp

@shanebp

Thanks for the comprehensive description, and supporting materials.

However, your movie and screenshots cannot be seen without registering.
    Perhaps you could publicly post them elsewhere temporarily.

rayasunn
    Participant

@rayasunn

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for trying to help and sorry about the link, that’s weird. How about a dropbox folder with the movie and screenshots?
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/93th9gvya0f5xq4/AAAt7GJQTuCHMVyXICXOArcNa?dl=0

shanebp

@shanebp

It’s a bit hard to tell..

But the browser url shows that the single group page is being loaded.

It’s not ‘just loops back to the Groups page’.

So the issue is: what is being loaded on the single group page ? And why ? And why is the layout pushed right ?
    Only you or your developers can answer that.

rayasunn
    Participant

@rayasunn

Yes, it sure looks like it’s being loaded but it just keeps reloading the same page (the page that links TO the group). Well, after all that – I tried switching to Legacy Buddypress instead of Nouveau and now everything works as I would expect. I can (as an admin and / or a test user) post updates. Any thoughts on that? How long will I be able to run Legacy? Any ideas why these two totally unrelated sites and themes are having the same issue?

shanebp

@shanebp

… it sure looks like it’s being loaded but it just keeps reloading the same page

Well, it’s loading the slug for a single group.
    But something is pulling in another template – perhaps the groups-loop template.

It seems like your profile pages are heavily customized – can you try it with the standard BP templates ?

I cannot duplicate this issue.
    Tested with the latest versions of WP & BP with Nouveau, in several themes.

If you feel you have an issue that can be duplicated by others, you can create a ticket here.
    Be sure to include a link to this thread.
    Be sure to include all the steps necessary to recreate this issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar