Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

3 Questions: Avatar – Profile Photo, add Avatar Upload to Registration and Change Member Directory

• Janet Morrow
    Participant

@mountash

1. I want to change the Avatar to Profile Picture across the site. I have already tried changing the language file. I am using StudioPress Genesis and Lifestyles for the theme, so I’m not sure if that is complicating things. Yes, I have already installed Genesis Connect.

2. I want visitors to be able to add their Avatar while they are registering. I have already added the fields I want to the registration form, but cannot find a way to add the Avatar upload field.

3. I want the information from the registration form added to the Member Directory. Right now all it has is the Avatar and their name.

Finally, I would love to find a good ‘free’ user guide. Is there one out there?

Thank you,
    Janet Morrow
    Mountain Ash

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

Avatar upload is only after the user has activated their account. There is a trac ticket to add this function back but it might not get added.

If you are wanting people to add an avatar when they log in. You can have the user get redirected to the change avatar page. This would have to be coded by you or a developer.

You can add any profile fields to the members-loop.php go into that file and scroll down to this text:

/***
    * If you want to show specific profile fields here you can,
    * but it’ll add an extra query for each member in the loop
    * (only one regardless of the number of fields you show):
    * bp_member_profile_data( ‘field=the field name’ );
    */

Janet Morrow
    Participant

@mountash

I have the fields working now. There are still some things I’m looking to resolve, but I’m making good progress.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘3 Questions: Avatar – Profile Photo, add Avatar Upload to Registration and Change Member Directory’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar