Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

3 Questions PLEASE help

• Mary Jane

@jasonbrodbeckcom

1 – How can I add a “see more” or “see all” to the comments? People have convo, in the comments and it get so big and take up a whole page sometimes

2 – How can I auto refresh the comments/activity page its self like every 5 sec?

3 – This relates to 1, How can I remove “(example) posted a new activity comment:” on their wall? somethimes when people have convo theres too many comments on their wall and it slows their page down could I have something like : (example) commented on (examples) update and jsut show that once

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1. Please would you clarify what comments you were referring to? The activity stream? If so, we’ve done that in BuddyPress 1.5, due out real soon. Try it out — http://testbp.org/activity/

Mary Jane

@jasonbrodbeckcom

Hmm i tried it but it didnt seem to work if you go and se maryjane420s profile and the comments i made you can see it didnt work

Mary Jane

@jasonbrodbeckcom

and any answers on the other?

Mary Jane

@jasonbrodbeckcom

BUMP

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

2 – You would have to write some javascript that does the refreshing. I don’t know of any ready-made implementations.

3 – There’s no automatic way to filter these out in BuddyPress at the moment. You could write a function that would take them out of $activities_template when hooked to bp_has_activites.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3 Questions PLEASE help’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar