• signaltrap
    Participant

@signaltrap

Strange problem.

After you upgrade to WPMU 2.7.1 and BP RC2

At the subdomain’s blog’s stopped working main links like :

/blog /members /groups /blogs

404 Error “Sorry, that page was not found”

when I going to user.rootblog.com / blog, in apache access log I see the following:

“GET /blog HTTP/1.1” 404 20391 Safari/525.20 “

But on the main site it works

“GET / blog HTTP/1.1” 200 121745 Safari/525.20 “

1. have. htaccess in the root of site.

2. WPMU 2.7.1

3. BP rc2 (all plugins activated)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)

• wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

update: Tried too with BuddyPress v1.0 with the same results… 404 errors on the social slugs…

Anyone around knowing a good tool to export/import the database of WordPress MU/Buddypress so I’d not need to do all this manually? I know I’ll be making errors because there are minimally 10 blogs to move.

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

update: with wp-hooks-filters-flow.php I get the following errormessage:

82. comment_post

* Priority 10 :

1. bp_blogs_record_comment()

2. SearchUnleashedPlugin->comment_post()

Catchable fatal error: Object of class SearchUnleashed_Widget could not be converted to string in /webserver/wordpress/wp-admin/wp-hooks-filters-flow.php on line 62

Maybe anything related with the problem, breaking off the database upgrade process of buddypress?? I’m wildly guessing now since I’ve been debugging like crazy…

Inactive

I’m also getting 404 errors on the links to anything members/groups/etc. BUT my WordPress installation worked fine (with some users that I believe were imported from our other test system) before installing BP. We didn’t import any blogs, themes or plugins from our other install — just some user accounts.

Inactive

Forgot to mention:

– Running WPMU, ran automatic upgrade to 2.7.1 prior to installing BP

– Installed BP 1 using the Plugin Installer in the WPMU admin gui (did not upgrade from an RC, have never run BP before)

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

Interesting behavior – any developer got any clue what this can be ?

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Okay, since we’ve had a few people make this mistake I need to ask this just in case. Everyone in this thread who is having 404 issues is running BuddyPress with WPMU and not the single-user version of WordPress, correct?

This means downloading WordPress from here: https://mu.wordpress.org/download/

Specifically @Sgoetz-

Running WPMU, ran automatic upgrade to 2.7.1 prior to installing BP

Were you running WPMu 2.7.1-beta1 before upgrading?

If so, you cannot upgrade from beta1 to public 2.7.1 using the automatic upgrade feature. This is because the upgrade script “sees” WPMU 2.7.1 = WPMU 2.7.1, meaning it does not upgrade you from beta1 since it thinks you are already running 2.7.1.

So, you must manually upgrade WPMU following these instructions: https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WPMU

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

@Jeff: I’m for sure running the latest WPMu 2.7.1 with BP 1.0 ; the problem occurs after restoring “certain” data which gives this behavior.

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Freaking Wildchild-

the problem occurs after restoring “certain” data which gives this behavior.

What do you mean by “certain”? Can you be more specific?

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

@Jeff Sayre: Whenever I start migrating normal production data from the existing RC1 blog to v1.0…

I am unable to migrate existing data towards the v1.0 standard and I’m seemingly not the only one with those problems. I’m very sure it is database related ; errors or I don’t know why … It’s currently blocking my further buddypress development since it just doesn’t work…

As soon as I import the database the members, groups and other slugs towards Buddypress social functions stop working. Please read the previous messages I’ve written for a detailed outline about which I did with the database…

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Okay, I’ve reread this thread for the second time. You state that:

The problem must be with the data; since a fresh install works perfectly and after the data gets imported, I get the nasty 404 bug.

Andy’s answer is:

This is normal with WPMU, you are not going to be able to transfer over blog tables as there are all sorts of URL settings in the DB.

I have a few questions based on this interchange:

1. Which version of MySQL are you (is your host) running?
    2. Have you tried repairing the DB tables before reimport?
    3. Are you moving your data between different domains?

Since WPMU 2.7.1 + BuddyPress 1.0 + standard themes work fine with a new, empty MySQL DB, the issue is, as you state, with the data. Either you have data corruption, indices that need reindexing, or hardcoded links within the tables that are causing the 404s.

If the domain mapping is not identical to the hardcoded links in your WPMU tables, you will have issues.

So, here’s what I’d suggest:

1. Backup your data again
    2. Then, repair/reindex
    3. Then, if your domain mapping is not identical, follow these instructions keeping in mind that these articles are for WP and not WPMU. You’ll have to adjust accordingly:

Inactive

@Jeff Sayre

It sounds like the automatic update wouldn’t have been triggered if I were already running the beta… I don’t manually update the versions, I only use the automatic update. I saw the notice that an upgrade was available, so I ran the upgrade. If it is possible that (a) a beta version appears in the automatic upgrade AND (b) the automatic upgrade to 2.7.1 would have been triggered even if I were already running the beta, then it’s possible that I was running the beta — otherwise, I wasn’t.

Is there an update history that will tell me?

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Sgoetz-

Just log into the backend as Site Admin. The dashboard shows which version of WPMU you’re currently running.

Inactive

@Jeff Sayre

So that would show if you are running a beta? Mine just says 2.7.1.

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

@JeffSayre: I’m running MySQL v5, tried repairing before importing and am not moving inbetween different domains. Although I am using the sunrise domain plugin on the original blog.

I’ve tried those things but it didn’t really give any differences at all; if I could know which exactly is required and which not in the sql tables, I could try to hunt specifically which data it gets weird on …

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Sgoetz-

Correct. You are running WPMU 2.7.1.

Are you still having 404 issues? If so, please start a new thread as this one has to do with another user’s related, but different issues.

In your new thread, provide as much detail as possible about your WPMU + BP setup and the issues and errors you are experiencing.

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Freaking Wildchild-

Since Donncha’s WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin (aka the sunrise domain plugin) allows you to map a blog to another domain, this could be the issue. I would post on the WPMU forum or, better yet, contact Donncha directly to ask for his assistance. http://ocaoimh.ie/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/

This is beyond scope of the BuddyPress support forums.

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

@all: I’ve found the culprit of the entire 404 soap which has been terrorizing my screen the last few weeks (smashes drums): It’s Qtranslate!

Any of you having the same problems while qtranslate is installed? Check out the topic at: https://buddypress.org/forums/topic.php?id=2693#post-14750 which is started especially to this solution.

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

@JeffSayre: It’s a glad thing I can mention the sunrise plug-in works perfectly with Buddypress as before; it was qTranslate which seemed to be the culprit.. So we’re already a step closer to the solution (as mentioned one post above) …

Thanks for the extensive help though, since development and problem-solving starts with ruling anything of special parameters out.

I guess qTranslate was very special and overseen….

ps: Do you have any idea why we both are marked “inactive” on the forums? I don’t feel idle at all :p

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Freaking Wildchild, the topic you’re linking too doesn’t exist.

Also, the “Inactive” thing is a forum bug at the moment.

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

JohnJamesJacoby: Very strange, I’ve posted it again and it doesn’t show up in the list. Seems to be posts are not being registered well?

When trying to change the resolved flag, it says the posts don’t exist; also with the second one I’ve created.

Bugs in the bbpress backend integration?

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Freaking Wildchild-

Well, what is surprising to me is that you were trying to debug this with plugins other than BuddyPress running. qTranslate is a WordPress plugin.

In the fifth post in this thread, Burt advised you to:

Disable all other plugins

I had been under the assumption from that point on –even with your new attempt at a fresh install–that you did not have any other plugins installed and activated other than BuddyPress.

When trying to debug something as complex as WPMU + BuddyPress, you need to remove as many variable from the equation as possible. That means, among other things, deactivating all plugins other than BP.

Anyway, it looks like you have your culprit narrowed down. I’d suggest contacting the qTranslate plugin dev and asking for help.

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

@JeffSayre: the problem was first discovered on a running install with 10 blogs (which is currently crippled because of different languages). I’m thinking about creating a separate plugin with some regexp support so it’ll filter out the basic language for non-qtranslate enabled blogs.

With the first test install, not everything didn’t work like specified because I was using different domains. After I needed to play with a development version on live domains for that, for swift periods so those changes wouldn’t interrupt too much of the normal services.

Since the test install didn’t work under a test-domain, I needed to do it this ackward way, which required more time. Now I’m again porting the entire buddypress template towards the one I’m currently having installed…

Still, the qtranslate is a big miss, since it is currently causing havoc on the main “hotsite” and also for those with bi-langual articles…

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Freaking Wildchild-

I do understand that this has been a big mess for you. Please don’t take my last post personally. I appreciate your willingness to share your issues.

If you have not yet done so, I suggest starting a new thread to discussion this particular issue and to track the progress you are making. Now that we know more about your particular setup, it will be interesting to see how this works itself out.

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

Freaking Wildchild-

I do understand that this has been a big mess for you. Please don’t take my last post personally. I appreciate your willingness to share your issues.

If you have not yet done so, I suggest starting a new thread to discussion this particular issue and to track the progress you are making. Now that we know more about your particular setup, it will be interesting to see how this works itself out.

wildchild
    Participant

@wildchild

@JeffSayre: I’ve tried creating it’s own topic but bbpress seems not to register my new topics … don’t know why exactly …

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘404 /blog /members etc… RC2 WPMU 2.7.1’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar