Categories
Search
Bottom

404 page after activation key

• mrjanvier
    Participant

@mrjanvier

Hi,

I would like to ask help. I have a problem that when users try to register they can’t acces the site with the activation key they receive. They receive the email, once they click on the link there is a message: 404 This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it? I tried many things: I deactivated all plugins except buddypress, i changed the kleo theme in to the 2017 theme.

This is an old problem I had, i used a plugin called -Auto Login New User After Registration-. I deactivated the problem i still there. I also have another website, i don’t have that problem on that. New users after registration receive an email with a link that goes to a page that they can use the activation key.

Do you have an idea what cause this, and how i could resolve?

Thank you very much

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Venutius

@venutius

Have you tried re-saving your permalink settings?

mrjanvier
    Participant

@mrjanvier

Hi,

Thank you for youre respond. Yes, I just changed the permalink from days and name to post name. Then I saved it but the problem remains. After the activation mail a new user goes to the 404 page.

Venutius

@venutius

I guess the first thing to check is that you have a page configured to be the activation page. If you look in Settings>>BuddyPress>>Pages you can check there. You won’t be able to access the activation page while logged in, so log out and see if you can access the activate page manually, without the activation key. does that work?

mrjanvier
    Participant

@mrjanvier

Hi, thanx!

I just logout, then typed the name of the activation page in the search icon of the site. It was found. Then i used the activation key of a test user and filled it in. The activation key was accepted. Then i tried to login with the test user, but i couldn’t. So i logged in as admin and changed the pasword of the test user i created and retried logging. I received a message:
    ACCOUNT PENDING: Your account is currently not active. An administrator needs to activate your account before you can login.
    I went logged in as admin and I noticed that the test user is listed in all users. Its no more listed in pending. Somehow it’s not possible to login as a new user/test user.

Do you know what happend?
    greetings

Venutius

@venutius

It sounds like something is messing with the user database lookups, have you tried deactivating all plugins except BuddyPress and trying?

mrjanvier
    Participant

@mrjanvier

Hi,

Yes indeed. I followed youre advice and found it. In the past when i deactivated all the plugins, there was always 1 security plugin that i let active together with buddypress. Turns out it was the security plugin givin a problem. One of the settings in the plugin was installed that i need to give users manually premission. I changed the settings and new users can register the normal way.

Thank you for youre help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar