Categories
Search
Bottom

500 internal error on register on localhost

• sagar1990
    Participant

@sagar1990

Hi Team,

I have installed latest wordpress and buddypress version today on localhost. When I activate the buddypress i am getting 500 internal server error on clicking the Register button.when I deactivate buddypress, register works fine.There are no themes installed other than the default ones.

Error:”
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at you@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Venutius

@venutius

Did you try resaving your permalink structure?

sagar1990
    Participant

@sagar1990

Hi,

I created new project.This time I updated the permalink structure after activating the buddypress plugin and i see below error on clicking the register button.

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 404
    localhost
    Apache/2.4.25 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2j PHP/7.1.1 mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3

Thanks

sagar1990
    Participant

@sagar1990

got my answer thanks for the hint btw.

Things I did below.hope it helps others.

Do it step wise.I have macbook.

1.In your project file like mine was htdocs/coco/ search the .htaccess file.It is will present but it will be hidden or it may not be there at all.
    If it is not there, create one by using some different text editor and save the file with below contents.Remove all the blank lines and spaces from the file.
    RewriteBase /
    #uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*wp-content/plugins.*
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2 [L]
    # add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/wp-admin$
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ $1/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . – [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>
    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /coco/
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /coco/index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

2.Most important step.Make the file writable.right click on fileand click get info .click the lock icon on the extreme corner of the window .then provide all the users with write and read permission.

3.Now login as wpadmin. Go to settings, permalink and just click save changes button.No need to change anything there.This will actually update your .htaccess file automatically that you created now and will update it with your project path like localhost/ to yourprojectname/ (i.e the last line in the file coco/index.php)

Now go and hit the register button(my case register button gave me 404 error and previously 500 internal server error) .It will show the register page and thats how I solve the problem.

Also, I think if we mess up with .htaccess file contents or permissions the we get 500 internal server error.

hope it helps someone!:)

We can close the thread!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘500 internal error on register on localhost’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar