Categories
Search
Bottom

500 Internal Server Error on FastCGI Install

• jaymzyates
    Participant

@jaymzyates

Hello,

I am attempting to activate BuddyPress and am receiving an Internal Server Error. The error log shows a problem reading from FastCGI – “mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server” – “End of script output before headers: index.php”. However, I do not believe it is an actual error with the handler as the BuddyPress plugin is the only plugin I can not activate.

Things I have tried:

Disabled all plugins and changed themes to 2014. Still can not activate BuddyPress.
    Increased memory, increased FcgidBusyTimeout (to 3600) as well as the requests to 10000. I wonder if it has something to do with my existing users of which I have several.

Any information would be appreciated.

1. Which version of WordPress are you running?

2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
    Directory

3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
    Root

4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
    Yes. 4.0

5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
    Yes

6. Which version of BP are you running?
    Latest – 2.2.0

7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
    No

8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
    Tested without any activated.

9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
    Tested with 2014 theme

10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
    No

11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
    No

12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
    No

13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
    Provided above

14. Which company provides your hosting?
    Self Hosted

15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
    Apache/Ubuntu

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• jaymzyates
    Participant

@jaymzyates

Quick update. I had the same result with previous versions 2,1 and 2.0. I was able to install BP 1.7 and activate it OK. I then tried then to update 1.7 in the dashboard and received the same error. http://screencast.com/t/dDHQkgwP0

jaymzyates
    Participant

@jaymzyates

To eliminate issues with a particular handler, I have also tried the install under CGI and SuPHP
    CGI Error:
    End of script output before headers: php-cgi-starter, referer: http:/****/wp-admin/update.php?action=install-plugin&plugin=buddypress&_wpnonce=a0a7c20cb8

SuPHP error: [Tue Feb 17 16:44:30.457315 2015] [core:error] [pid 6148] [client 208.2.67.221:36522] End of script output before headers: plugins.php, referer: http://**/wp-admin/update.php?action=install-plugin&plugin=buddypress&_wpnonce=a0a7c20cb8
    [Tue Feb 17 16:44:31.698051 2015] [core:error] [pid 6148] [client 208.2.67.221:36522] End of script output before headers: index.php, referer: http://**/wp-admin/update.php?action=install-plugin&plugin=buddypress&_wpnonce=a0a7c20cb8

[Tue Feb 17 16:46:25.503643 2015] [:error] [pid 6175] [client 188.165.15.201:42343] PHP Fatal error: Can’t inherit abstract function BP_XProfile_Field_Type::edit_field_html() (previously declared abstract in BP_XProfile_Field_Type_Datebox) in /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-classes.php on line 1709

staypleasure
    Participant

@staypleasure

Hai,

If you seen any error regarding the server space, Please check that using your webmaster tool. and clear that error using the instructions of webmaster tools.

webmaster tool is helpful for you to all internal server errors.

Jorus35
    Participant

@jorus35

I was having the same issue and it was coming from xcache… I simply uninstalled it and now it works !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error on FastCGI Install’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar