Admin Has To Manually Send Verification Email and Other Registration Glitches
Now that I got the verification emails to work I’m having a few minor issues with the registration process.
1. Verification email has to be sent manually from the admin panel. I don’t want to have to activate every account but I do want some abilities such as chat only available to registered members.
2. Once member receives verification and password emails and logs into account they do not show up as logged in instead the log in screen reappears. This does not happen to me when I log in as administrator.
3. Members have no way to access profile page or to change avatar.
UPDATE: Now I realize these functions are in the admin bar which I disabled. Is there a way to move those functions to the navigation bar?
4. On the members page the new members @ shows up as unverified_(random code) as opposed to their name. I just noticed in the admin panel that the unverified_random code was assigned as the members user name and can’t be changed!
UPDATE: Realized that the unverified thing was happening because I had to approve members account. Is it still possible to have people sign up without having to be manually approved?
Hope someone can help.
- The topic ‘Admin Has To Manually Send Verification Email and Other Registration Glitches’ is closed to new replies.