Admin screen goes white on BuddyPress activation
We at http://www.TheCaregiverSpace.org have been struggling to get our site back to regular operation for about two weeks now.
– – WordPress instance ~ version 4.4 (latest as of 2015-12)
– – Theme: Kami ~ version 1.4.2 (latest, and yes problem replicates on WP2013, ~14, & ~15)
– – Envato WordPress Toolkit ~ Version 1.7.3
– – bbPress (base) ~ Version 2.5.8 | By The bbPress Community
– – bbPress – Sort topic replies ~ Version 1.0.3 | By Atif Naveed, Kevin Marshall
– – bbPress Notifications ~ Version 184.108.40.206 | By dFactory
– – bbPress WP Tweaks ~ Version 1.3.1 | By veppa
First thing was that we started getting Fatal Error: memory Usage messages.. ..
– – Fatal error: Allowed memory size of #### bytes exhausted (tried to allocate ### bytes)
– – in /home/content/ … /html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1779
These messages were not focused on one file though: media.php, meta.php, cache.php were also shown as offending spots.
——— troubleshooting steps —————
First thing I found was a number of memory limit suggestions that went back 4+ years on forums like this, and I did call our hosting site GoDaddy and they upped our memory space to the max.
After those adjustments, no more error messages, only white screen.
~~ in the meantime, I’m digging into the google and WP searches to find some clue — at one point I did find a post, that I now can’t seem to find that suggested a limit to the number of groups & users that BuddyPress can manage; something like 20k users.. (seemed really low to me and my colleague at the office)
Mind you, all along. the front end is pretty much working, but login and forum engagement is gone. As end users, we can see the posts, pages, and list of forums, but each forum brings up a 404 error.
Next, playing with plugins.. removing all, adding in systematically, in a variety of configurations.. to see if there were conflicts. Also swapping out the Theme while adding/subtracting plugins gave us the same result.
Bottom line.. as soon as BuddyPress is added, the admin page goes white, while the user-facing site hobbles along.
Last troubleshooting step: this posting.
We’re pretty much dead in the water in terms of a social interface allowing FORUMS to show, and are ready to move on from BuddyPress. I’m not seeing light at the end of this tunnel.
Hopefully this message will spark someone’s ingenuity or RECENT memory (vs so-called “RESOLVED” trouble tickets from years gone by) about a similar problem.
- The topic ‘Admin screen goes white on BuddyPress activation’ is closed to new replies.