Arabic Group URLs
I’m trying to get BuddyPress to work with Arabic URLs. Although it works fine with single-word URLS, if a user tries to create a group with an Arabic name that contains spaces in it, then it’s a hit and miss: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t (submitting a group creation throws a “Bad Request!” 400 error ).
1. I set the database and the bp_bp_groups table collocation to cp1256_general_ci
2. the ‘name’ field takes the Arabic text just fine. For example: ????? ????? ??? ??????
3. the ‘slug’ field records seemingly random characters instead. For example, %d8%ac%d8%a7%d9%85%d8%b9%d8%a9-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%85%d9%84%d9%83-%d8%b9%d8%a8%d8%af-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b9%
3. I tried following this guide http://is.gd/dusori (Enableing Chinese, Arabic and Other High Unicode in WordPress Slugs
), but it didn’t work (ended up with 404 errors)
Is there any way to get BuddyPress to handle the slug as it would in English (simply replace spaces with dashes) and leave the language in tact?
EDIT: Strange, do the forums not render Arabic text?
EDIT 2: It seems that the problem is isolated to group URLs (as far as my testing has revealed so far) I’ve managed to create Arabic forum post titles without any problems. However, the topic slugs are still converted to the seemingly random characters
- The topic ‘Arabic Group URLs’ is closed to new replies.