Are you a BP Developer and want to do something meaningful? Read this :)
Ok now that I’ve lured you guys in here with the sneaky topic title, here’s what I’m working on, and what I need your help with (paid ofcourse)
My goal is to create a global network for people with Cystic Fibrosis powered by BuddyPress.
What Is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
Iâ€™ve been working on this project for at least a year until I decided to dedicate more time to it, and try to get it funded. Iâ€™ve managed to invest some of my own money and a small startup loan from a small CF related organisation in The Netherlands (where I live), so now itâ€™s time to get it running using BuddyPress and itâ€™s plugins + some custom work).
What I â€œneedâ€ from you
- Must speak English properly
- Must be available on Skype/IM frequently to discuss the project.
- I like to work with someone whoâ€™s willing to give his opinion and is not afraid to come up with ideas and suggestions I have not thought about. Since Iâ€™m not a programmer, I need someone who knows what heâ€™s doing and is not affraid to give me input
- Knows WordPress/BuddyPress inside out
- Has interest in setting up non-profit projects and doing something meaningful for others
- Has experience with extending the BuddyPress Groups API
Iâ€™m not the type of guy whoâ€™s constantly on top of things, so you wonâ€™t have to report or discuss every line of code you write. Iâ€™m not new to xhtml/css and design in general, so I think the workflow should be fairly smooth for both of us. Weâ€™ll be working on a dedicated test server, and using a SVN to keep things organised.
Finally I would like to say that I want to share the code that will be written for this project, so that the BuddyPress community can benefit from it
If youâ€™re interested please contact me on here, and youâ€™ll receive more information about the exact work that needs to be done, and the compensation youâ€™ll receive for your work. This project is something that I’ve wanted to do for a very long time now, and I’m glad the BuddyPress came along to offer me the chance to start all this!
- The topic ‘Are you a BP Developer and want to do something meaningful? Read this :)’ is closed to new replies.