Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Auto upgraded BP, now site is nonfunctional

  • Profile photo of bpyogi
    bpyogi
    Participant

    @bpyogi

    I just auto upgraded to latest version of BP, now site is nonfunctional. Where my site was, I now get this message:

    Not Found. The requested URL /wp-admin/plugins.php was not found on this server.

    I had created my site in a subdirectory: http://www.website.com/main/. Strangely, when I ad the additional part of the URL – http://www.website.com/main/wp-admin/plugins.php – the site reloads without the subdirectory! Like this: http://www.website.com/wp-admin/plugins.php — notice the directory “main” is missing.

    Is this a bug that the code won’t recognize a subdirectory install when auto updating?

    How can I fix this and get my website back???

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of @modemlooper
    @modemlooper
    Moderator

    @modemlooper

    Always disable all plugins before upgrading

    Profile photo of bpyogi
    bpyogi
    Participant

    @bpyogi

    aww, crap. can i get my site running again?

    Profile photo of Brajesh Singh
    Brajesh Singh
    Participant

    @sbrajesh

    Try to rename wp-content/plugins/buddypress to something else and then access your site.

    Is your sites front end accessible from http://www.website.com/main/. where you had it.

    Is it wordpress/wpmu.

    I guess, most probably, it should be an issue with the siteurl in the database. You might have given it to http://www.website.com/ at the time of installation, please check and provide more details.

    Profile photo of Symm2112
    symm2112
    Participant

    @symm2112

    another thing to do is to rename the folder names for any plugins you have that are bp related. for example if you’re running bp-gallery, or bp-chat, etc. those usually REQUIRE bp to be enabled so if you have those enabled without bp, they will white screen the site.

    Profile photo of bpyogi
    bpyogi
    Participant

    @bpyogi

    I fixed it. I deleted ALL my plugins then reinstalled BuddyPress first, and then the others one at a time and testing them. All the posts, members, groups, etc. are still in tact and appear properly.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto upgraded BP, now site is nonfunctional’ is closed to new replies.