Avatar image problem – other fixes don’t work
I’m having issues with group and individual avatar images; they result in broken image links. I have worked through the other FAQs / fixes to no avail.
Uploading and cropping avatars appears to go fine – it even displays the proper thumbnail for each.
The images themselves do not appear. Also, curiously, we get URLs like:
In that case, in fact, I look at that directory and the other images are there, but *not* the jpg (ie, owen3.png)
libjpeg is installed, but is it possible something somewhere isn’t finding it?
So far, have investigated:
* Changing directory permissions for blogs.dir (recursively) to 777. It’s set to our user:group that Apache, etc., uses and everything else is fine.
* safe_mode is OFF
* readfile function is NOT disabled
* Standard .htaccess
* Gd/libpng/libjpeg all seem to be fine.
* Currently on BuddyPress 1.0 (final, not RC – just upgraded from RC1)
* MU 2.7.1
I will say, the jpegs seem to be what are missing. libjpeg does itself seem to be working as we can upload and crop jpegs elsewhere.
I do NOT get the permissions error message – randomly got it once but otherwise just get a message saying the image was successfully updated (eg, when I change a group avatar)
I haven’t yet tried creating an avatar from scratch to see if that goes better.
- The topic ‘Avatar image problem – other fixes don’t work’ is closed to new replies.