bbPress Subscribe button breaks when BuddyPress enabled + JS disabled?
[This is a repost as my first post seems to be corrupted, cannot be edited and doesn’t display on the site]
Hello, I am seeing an issue where the BuddyPress plugin seems to be breaking the forum “Subscribe” / “Unsubscribe” links on bbPress. Strangely, it works if JS is enabled (and therefore XHR is used), but does nothing if JS is disabled and the embedded link is used. It just reloads the same page without actually changing the subscribed / unsubscribed state with no errors.
- I have tested this with all other plugins disabled.
- Disabling the BuddyPress plugin causes both to work correctly.
- Tried enabling / disabling all combinations of Buddypress bp-components with no effect.
I upgraded both plugins and PHP to the latest versions:
PHP: 7.4.10 Wordpress: 5.5.1 Theme: Divi 4.6.5 (tried others like twentytwenty 1.5) bbPress: 2.6.5 BuddyPress: 6.3.0
- Are there any known issues I should look into?
- Any suggestions where to look for debugging? I have WP_DEBUG enabled, but nothing useful in logs. I have tried using Query Monitor plugin, but its a bit unclear where to start looking.
NOTE: I am new to WordPress and its plugin architecture, but have extensive HTML/CSS/JS/bash shell experience and am comfortable in PHP.
Thanks in advance!
 Embedded subscribe link which fails:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.