BuddyPress and wpMU, some expert advice needed
Hi Everyone. Im considering BuddyPress with WPMU to build a sort of community but then in a little different setup than normal, therefore I have some questions I could not find answered yet:
1) Say mysite.com runs on WPMU and i have several (WPMU generated blogs) Could I register from any of those blogs and get a “global” account. With, I would be aple to comment on any blogposts from ANY blog that runs from my WPMU installation?
2) Say mysite.com runs some introduction to what my site does and i do not want the /members directory to popup there would that be possible?
3) How and where do these “groups” “Forums” and “Blogs” are generated? I have several blogs created true the WPMU interface, does buddypress link to them automatically?
4) I dont want any users to create blogs, they can only upload avatar and post comments on any of the wpmu sites. Is that possible? Since the admin creates all the blogs, the users can only communicate on the site.
5) Last but not least, Im looking for some forum functionality… I was hoping buddypress would have the forum like this one ( Which is bbpress i assume?) I would like to have a blog with categories like this one, the buddypress only seems to be able to post a topic without any categories, is that correct? I need a forum like this one for EACH blog I have, they should be seperated but they should all share the same user login so it would be possible for a visitor to post on any forum that runs true my wpmu installation
6) Well, really finally: Would it be possible to have a list of all blogs generated and place them on a wordpress page?
Those are the questions that are hunting me for several days now,
I hope above is possible than that would be great!
- The topic ‘BuddyPress and wpMU, some expert advice needed’ is closed to new replies.