Buddypress Future Suggestons
There are so many possibilities with Buddypress as it is but there many ways it can be improved. I know it’s a fact of life that we must rely on plugin developers to make our sites unique so I will focus on features already in Buddypress core that could be improved.
User management and profiles: This really should be developed further for easy user management. I understand many of these have plugin options available but adding to core would be a major improvement for managing large scale sites.
1. All user management columns should be sortable.
2. IP address and country should be built in without a plugin.
3. Add User ID to admin column.
4. Add ability to moderate with suspend and ban with a period of time and notice.
5. Add ability to core to easily change member types.
6. Add last login to core
7. Add ability for members to block other members.
8. Add ability to hide profile.
9. Add ability to block domains from signing up.
10. Add more privacy settings allowing members to control all aspects of their content.
1. Add instant notifications.
2. Send email on notifications to increase site engagement.
3. Add user thumbnail image along with notification.
4. Show day or date on the notification.
I realize many of these can be accomplished with plugins but some of these really need to be built in core to improve performance and security.
Random suggestions would be to add more basic features similar to Facebook and Twitter and bring Buddypress up as the go to social network builder. Mentions, search, favorites, likes, autocomplete are in need of an update to be modern.
It’s my opinion not fact. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.