buddypress installed with bbpress results in continual redirection to homepage
I have followed the instructions here to enable sitewide forums: http://codex.buddypress.org/user/setting-up-a-new-installation/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/
I am using Persuasion BuddyPress Child Theme from MySiteMyWay.com
WordPress Version – 3.5.1 Multisite
BuddyPress Version – 1.6.5
bbPress Version 2.2.4
The instructions there do not indicate what to do specifically to resolve a redirection issue. I have studied the forums here, and followed many of the helpful suggestions on resolving the issue, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled both buddypress and bbpress. When I disable the buddypress forum component, then I can view the forums page, but the links within this page break.
As a recap, the steps I have taken repeatedly as follows:
1) network enabled the buddypress plugin
2) enabled buddypress discussion forums under BuddyPress Components
3) installed bbPress (using forums tab under BuddyPress settings) and configured Site Wide Forums only.
4) set up archive slugs to be: Forums base: discussion; Topics base: topics
5) removed any page with the word forum or forums as a slug
6) created a page with the title community and slug community-board
7) selected community page to be associated with Discussion Forums under buddypress components and saved.
If I click on the community page, I am continually redirected to the home page.
If I disable Discussion forums component in buddypress:
the Community Board page is displayed, however the profile and settings tabs redirect to: 404 page cannot be found.
Here’s the thing, buddypress appears to display the members page just fine.
What do I need to do in order to integrate buddypress with bbPress successfully? It doesn’t appear following the instructions provided by BuddyPress to set up site-wide forums is successful. I appreciate any assistance the community can provide me in resolving this conflict.
- The topic ‘buddypress installed with bbpress results in continual redirection to homepage’ is closed to new replies.