Cannot get sidebar. Nor registration email confirmation
I’ll do my best to answer these before asking my question, per moderator request.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 4.5.2
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? unsure. Installed as program at my host. domain is bennypointer.com
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? Not today.
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Still working basically
6. Which version of BP are you running? 2.5.9
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? Buddypress not activated now (BBpress is). Also running Beaver Builder Lite, Page Builder by Site Origin, Site Origins Widgets Bundle, Title Remover, and UPdrafts plus backup. Not my idea to use most of these. . . trying to help a friend out.
9. Are you using the standard WordPress theme or customized theme? Using Off the Shelf theme
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? Not that I’m aware of unless a plugin altered them
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? bbpress 2.5.9
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. n/a
14. Which company provides your hosting? will have to check
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? unsure, but Apache, I think.
Bennypointer.com is to have a forum (/forums). I have it built, have registration/login/lost-password pages that seem to work, except upon registration, no email gets sent (doing automatic registration for the moment). I’ve scoured everything I can find, and cannot seem to fix this. Ideas?
Also, I am trying to get a right sidebar on the forum page with registration, etc. but cannot get it up. On Benny’s Forum page (/forums), I have ‘right sidebar’ as page type. I with widgets setup with login URI and lost password URI fields accurate, and did the same at appearance>widgets where there is only Blog Sidebar and Footer listed on the right (where I drag the widgets to). I cannot find a place to “create new sidebar” that I have in my Karma wordpress theme. I have tried having the widgets in both the Appearance>customization area, and on the appearance>widegets page).
Help? I’ve got about 12 BBpress and codex pages open on topics ranging from learning child-themes, to BB press, etc.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.