Conditional fields required logic & importing info from DB
Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress 1.1.9
Flatsome theme by UX 2.9.2
currently working offline, testing my site, hence no link
I got 2 separate questions about using BP. I’ll be as brief as possible.
1) Is there any way to fix required logic for conditional fields in the registration form? I have the following fields in my form, all of them drop down menues to choose one option:
– State > NY / CA / FL / etc.
– City in NY (show only if State = NY) > Albany / Buffalo / NY / etc.
– City in CA (show only if State = CA) > LA / San Diego / Fresno / etc.
and so on…
The “State” field is required. The “City in…” field is required as well. Of course, only one “City in…” shows after choosing the state. The problem is that ALL of the “City in…” fields are marked as required, and BP expects the user to fill in all of them, even if they’re not showing due to conditional logic.
Is there any way to fix it besides disabling the required status? Basically, people choose their location or something else. Maybe a product thing (PC / TV > laptop – desktop / lcd – led).
2) I have in my sql database tables to organize a lot of products, separated into categories and cross-related. Very neat. Is there a way to easily put that into the registration form with conditional logic? Like the state>county>city thing. Drop down menues that import options from the tables.
Thanks a lot in advance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.