Cropping profile image broken
Using PHP 7.1.6 the image cropping for profile images is broken. I have tested on localhost (not PHP 7.1) using the same plugins and theme and WordPress version. I know issues with PHP 7.1 are known, but I couldn’t find info and fix for this specific issue.
Should I try the beta version 2.9 on a live site?
So I tried to post this last night:
Please try to supply answers to the following questions.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
Upgrade, but upgrading isn’t linked to this issue
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Yes, many. But they don’t seem to be linked to this issue
9. Are you using the standard WordPress theme or customized theme?
10. Which theme do you use ?
WeChange by Curly Themes
11. Have you modified the core files in any way?
Yes. Functions.php for WYSIWYG editor for bbPress
12. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
2.6-rc-3 because I have PHP 7.1.6 running
14. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
There are no errors
15. Which company provides your hosting?
16. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Can you list the filename of your photo? If it has accented (utf-8) characters, then there was an issue where the upload would not work properly. If that is the case with you, can you test the 2.9 beta to see if the issue is fixed?
Always try testing in a development environment if you can.
@r-a-y I’ve tried quite a few files, most recently the name was “a.jpg” and “a.png”
I tested 2.9 beta and it didn’t fix the issue.
I updated my localhost dev site to PHP 7.1.7, with all the same plugins running, including BuddyPress 2.8.2, and image cropping worked. But it still isn’t working on the live site.
The only plugin I’m using that’s dependent upon BuddyPress is ‘bbp buddypress profile information’
The bbPress pluings I’m using, besides bbPress 2.6.rc-3 and the profile info plugin, are bb Style Pack and bbPress Move Topics
Had same problem.
The problem was that some plugin blocked this.
Try disable all plugins and turn on one by one and see waht plugin gives you this trouble.
@r-a-y OK I figured out the problem. It’s with WP Rocket plugin. I have been trying to configure WP Rocket so it doesn’t cache or add performance options but haven’t been able to fix it yet. I tried excluding pages from cache. I’m using WP Rocket 2.10.6.
@autox420 thanks for the suggestion. For some reason my localhost copy with WP Rocket running doesn’t break Buddypress croping. But does break it on my live site.
@r-a-y a ticket for this issue with WP Rocket is active on WP Rocket’s GitHub: bug report for broken BuddyPress profile cropping
It appears the issue is CDN rewrite by WP Rocket. I’m going to ping the ticket assignee to see if they’re making any progress.
Do you want to lend a hand to the WP Rocket people, if they need the help? (Maybe it could get this done sooner. The ticket has been open for more than 3 months!)
@r-a-y the WP Rocket folks have set a milestone for their next release, v2.10.7, to get this issue resolved.
this may be old but ive just ran into similar issue, when uploading a profile pic you get to crop but you cant see anything, just a tiny black blob on the screen.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.