I have installed WP abd BP. I test them on my local machine and on a remote computer (part of the LAN)
I kind of have an erratic with BP that consists of:
1. When a user is created sometimes he/she does not receive the confirmation email.
2. Lets say I am on the local PC and I create a user called BIBI. After loging in with this id I see sometimes the dashboard with the latest comments etc. etc. (from the url I can see that I am taken to wp-admin folder).and sometimes I get the Hello World message that says “Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!” but I do not see how I can get to delete this message and how to start blogging!
3. I activate the forum tab but when I click on it I get http 403 error.
4. If the user is connected from a remote computer the above “Hello World” message is replaced by Page does not exist. Here I understand that I did not set up correctly the server name and there are places where it says localhost. How can I change everywhere the localhost with the server name?
Any answer to any of this issues is very much appreciated.
- The topic ‘Erratic behaviour’ is closed to new replies.