For Those who want to moderate new user / Blog signups in Bussypress
After doing a lot of research on the net I have found a way in which the admin can moderate the new users and/or blogs.
This is how it happens
1. A new user registers on your site.
2. After registration he/she is shown a message that “an admin needs to approve your account etc…”
3. The admin recieves the activation mail in his/her inbox.
4. When the admin clicks on the activate link the member gets a mail in his/her inbox with their username and password.
And Here is how to Achieve this.
a. Open wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-core/bp-core-activation.php
b. Search for wp_mail($user_email, $subject, $message, $message_headers); (There are two instances of this code on the file)
c. In the above piece of code replace $user_email with $admin_email or ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
d. Do the same changes for the other instance.
e. Finally you must have changed $user_email with $admin_email or ‘email@example.com’ at two places on Open wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-core/bp-core-activation.php
a. Open the fle wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-core/bp-core-signup.php
b. Search for functions bp_core_signup_confirm_blog_signup and bp_core_signup_confirm_user_signup
c. Thse functions will have the messages that are displayed to users on their screen after they sign up.
c. Change the messages as per your needs.
Test the changes
I have made these changes and tested them on http://iitdreams.com. However all these changes require to change code at places where it will be lost during upgradation. Can someone come up with a plugin for same.
- The topic ‘For Those who want to moderate new user / Blog signups in Bussypress’ is closed to new replies.