1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
Not using bbpress anymore
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Linux with Nginx
I am unable to figure out how to forward a message. I’ve searched Google and this site for some information unsuccessfully. I did find some people asking to have this added as a feature, or ask how to do it, but there have been no answers.
"Private Messages Private Messaging works like an internal site email. Members can message people on their friends list as well as forward and reply to received messages. Each member will have their own individual Inbox and Sent messages folders as well as a Compose message screen. Members will be notified of new messages by a new message count in own Messages tab, in notification circle in Admin toolbar, as well as receive email notifications of the private message, if enabled."
It is clearly stated that this is a feature that is already there, but on our site we have no button for forwarding messages. Only replies.
Could someone clear this up or help troubleshoot the problem?
I would also like to know if there is a way to disable the “feature” that only allows you to message people on your friends list? Instead, I’d like everyone to have the ability to start typing a name in the “TO” field and have the the auto-matching feature enabled so you can select from the list.
- The topic ‘Forwarding Messages’ is closed to new replies.