Found an “& new Translations()”, which may not be good for PHP 7
When upgrading to PHP 7, I saw a number of errors and warnings from Siteground’s PHP 7 compatibility checker. The only one I needed to act on was:
$empty_translations = & new Translations();in /bp-forums/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/sample/app.php
In the next release, is it possible to have that line updated to just:
$empty_translations = new Translations();
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 4.8.2
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? subdomain
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? 4.8.1 to 4.8.2
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
Yes, and still functioning properly after BuddyPress install. Just want to report a potential PHP 7 incompatibility.
6. Which version of BP are you running? 2.9.1
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? Yes. Probably 2.9.0
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? No.
9. Are you using the standard WordPress theme or customized theme? Standard
10. Which theme do you use ? Twenty Seventeen
11. Have you modified the core files in any way? No
12. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Not running bbPress. My BuddyPress install may have a copy of bbPress.
14. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated
15. Which company provides your hosting? Siteground
16. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Apache
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.