Friend requests give users a 404 error unless they log in
When I send friend requests to my users, they get a 404 error page not found or you don’t have the rights to access this page. If they login, the link works fine.
Please try to supply answers to the following questions.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
Update from 1.7.2 just recently
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Ajax event calendar
Better WP security
Pages link to
Peters login redirect
Wordpress flipping book
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Standard I believe, I never changed it.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Please do not post support requests nor comments here. Create a new topic. Thanks.
- The topic ‘Friend requests give users a 404 error unless they log in’ is closed to new replies.