Google Maps for Groups
My uni degree project http://spotskenya.com is comming on quite well but there is one fatal thing that i really need some help with.
The main thing of my project is these spots which are places and on buddy press are grouos but renamed.
What I need to do is integrate google maps so that when people create a group they can a geotag the exact location of the group or in my case a spot. Basically show where the group is on a Google Map
1) I have a course mate that has made the Google Maps part HERE
– this simply gets the lat and lng from a marker and puts it into two fields. (these fields are visible on the protype page but can just be hidden.) ALSO note the other fields are just for show…
– then uppon submit it needs to ad this to the databse and preferably in the groups table.
– then through xml we will display the map on the group page with only that location (basically just that spot on a gmap)
2) So what i need help and guidence with is how to patch or HOOK this into the buddypress groups componant.
– how can i get the JS in the header only for this groups page. I know that it could just sit in the header all the time but i need to be optimum with the sizes as it needs to run on slow connections. This is not a major though.
– how can i get the div which displays the gmap on the create group page?
– how can i get the lat and lng saved in the database
– how can i then display the gmap with the marker on the NON ADMIN side eg just on the main group page
– would it be posible to also re edit the marker in the admin.
Nicolas Extra Group Fields plugin.
Creating a custom componant / plugin thingy
Editing the core code (not recomended i know)
I SADLY JUST DONT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT ALL THE CODE AND HOOKS AND CUSTOM COMPONANTs and Meta tags ETC TO DO THIS
That is why I am asking for help here.
All the google maps side of things is DONE its just a matter of hooking it in and displaying the geo tagged map. I know that make is sound simple but i really don’t have the expertese for this.
Burtadsit and NicolaGreco and others have said its possible and hopefully if we get it working then others can use it and i think it will help..
Please do let me know if i need to explain myself a bit better.
- The topic ‘Google Maps for Groups’ is closed to new replies.