Group Forum Creation makes all non-group forums invisible to non-admins
I have a site that is experiencing a glitch or misconfiguration with bbPress Buddypress Group Forums.
When a group with a forum is created, all forum topics go invisible on frontend for non-admin users.
- All the forums are Private. Setting a forum to public, saving, then private and saving again fixes issue. This has to be done on the main edit screen for each forum — quick edit and bulk edit don’t fix the problem.
- Not sure if it matters but fixing parent forum doesn’t fix child forums
- new topics created in group forums are immediately visible
- new topics created frontend or backend in existing non-group forums are not visible (though the topic count updates to reflect the new topic)
- topics created in forums created after glitch are immediately visible
- On the current live site, the Group Forums Parent is set to root (which I know is not recommended), but on the test site I’ve changed it to a forum called “Group Forums”. It doesn’t seem to have made a difference.
The only active plugins on the test site are bbPress and Buddypress right now, and the theme is twentyseventeen.
I have experienced this glitch with both a clone of the existing live site and a fresh WordPress install with no imported content.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.