Groups – Mods and Admins
Okay, another day in BuddyPress Paradise. I’m exploring the Groups feature a bit more.
* I promoted a user to Moderator of a group but it seems the only thing a Mod can do is edit the “Details” of a group (name, description, news). I would think it makes sense for Mods to be able to delete other (non-admin) messages off the Group Wire (you can delete your own) and kick & ban Members as well. Any other views on this?
* Okay, so maybe what I would like a Mod to do is really only meant for Group Admins. So – can I promote an additional person to Group Admin? I have not been able to find that yet. Any suggestions?
* As a site admin, can I moderate an individual User’s wire messages? I mean, short of giving a user a royal boot in the rear – is there a way for admin to remove an inappropriate message (ie User is in fine standing but violates terms of the site by promoting his own product) – removing the user is pretty drastic, removing a wire message followed up with an email would be a better approach. Any ideas?
* On a broader scale, how do I moderate Users? For instance, in case of abuse, I’d like to remove someone from the site. I see a kick and ban feature for Groups (which I assume does exactly that, from a group) – should I just use regular WPMU user management functions to accomplish this outside of the Group area?
On a side note – when I promote someone to Mod and log in as that user, the notification doesn’t turn off when the notice has been read.
- The topic ‘Groups – Mods and Admins’ is closed to new replies.