gzinflate error on upgrading
I upgraded BuddyPress via the auto upgrade and when I went into the Bluehost Control Panel (for the server) it said it still needed upgrading so I pressed the upgrade button there – that was clearly a mistake!
There had been a few glitches before then – most notably Group Avatars disappearing and the Recently Active Member Avatar not displaying correctly. After double-upgrading, however, all the member avatars were not displaying and many other photographs missing from blogs.
The back end is throwing up a lot of error messages beginning with:
Warning: gzinflate() [function.gzinflate]: data error inâ€¦
The member Avatars and missing photographs still exist in the database but the installation no longer seems to â€œseeâ€ them.
I deactivated all plugins including BuddyPress itself, and and now when I try to reactivate BuddyPress I get:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_activity_install() (previously declared in /home1/aristasi/public_html/heartbook/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-activity.php:19) in /home1/aristasi/public_html/heartbook/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-activity.php on line 52
1. Which version of WPMU are you running?
WordPress MU 188.8.131.52.
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install?
I donâ€™t understand this question. I installed via SimpleScripts on my websiteâ€™s Control Panel.
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
It is in a subdirectory.
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version?
I have upgraded each time for several upgrades.
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress?
Not completely. The group icons were already missing for some reason after a previous upgrade.
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
I have upgraded several times each time an upgrade was available.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
Not now, but I had Audio Player, WP Events Calendar, Video Quicktags and WP Events Calendar
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
I think it has bbPress built in.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
I donâ€™t know what serverâ€™s log files are.
Looks like you have the same error as:
Try manually updating bp files.
Unfortunately, the link provided did not help our situation. All plugins from the server were deleted and re installed but the errors are still occurring.
Is there any otherways that we might try to fix this?
Thank you in advance!
I installed via SimpleScripts on my website’s Control Panel
This is more than likely the issue. Read this post (and follow its link) for more insight:
- The topic ‘gzinflate error on upgrading’ is closed to new replies.