Help! 18.104.22.168 upgrade problem – I get an Error message, then not able to login to admin
I upgraded to 22.214.171.124… My site works, but I am not able to login to my admin panel.
Here is the error message I get:
“The plugin buddypress/bp-loader.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.”
The only way I can login to admin is by deleting the buddypress plugin – but then my site is not much use. Before upgrading buddypress, I upgraded WPMU to version 3.0 and installed BuddyPress Sitemap Generator.
I have deleted all my plugins except buddypress. I have tried installing previous versions, I have re-installed WP3.0 – but still the same problem. Only when I delete buddypress am I able to login to admin.
Also :: When FTPing the buddypress folder into the wp-content/plugins folder, I also noticed there is another folder there I hadn’t noticied before… a .Plugins folder (with a buddypress folder inside)? Is that supposed to be there?
*Mod note – Copied from another thread by the same user
Hello, After ugrading from BP 1.2 to 126.96.36.199, and using WPMU3.0, I find I can no longer login to my admin.
I’ve had my site up since BP was release, and have been through multiple install with out a problem. Here’s what happened and what I’ve tried….
1. Website (networkingpeople.biz) was working fine, deactivated all plugins, upgraded WPMU to version 3.0. Everything still working fine.
2. Reactivated plugins, everything still working fine.
3. Deactivated all plugins, upgraded to latest BP version. Website works fine, but I am not able to login to admin (although I can pull up login screen).
3. Deleted all plugins except BP, still same problem.
4. Deleted BP via FTP and am then able to login to admin but Website will not appear (no BP theme to view site with). I am able to upload and activate other plugins no problem.
5. Reinstall BP, same login problem.
6. I noticed that WPMU recommends changing a file in htaccess. I did the fix but still no change.
7. Through my own Budypress profile and blog I can still login to admin. But I also noticed that new users cannot register.
Any suggestions anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘Help! 188.8.131.52 upgrade problem – I get an Error message, then not able to login to admin’ is closed to new replies.