How to make a "post gallery" that has member ratings
I’m still relatively new to all this and hoping I don’t have to mess with too much code to do what I want. I’ll use books as my example for my question.
What I’d like to do is have one page on my website that’s called “Rate Books” and the page would include several images of books in a gallery style (say 3-5 across, with several rows). Each book would have star ratings to go with it, and a user could hover over the picture of the book to add their own ratings to the book. However, they have to be a member to rate the book. If they’re not logged in or registered they would get a message to login/register when they try to rate the book, then be redirected back to the “Rate Books” page after they login/register.
Basically there are four steps I think.
1) There are ratings plugins that work with posts, so I need to put one book image per post, right?
2) Then I need to figure out how to put all the posts on one page in the gallery style format, do I use categories for that?
3) Then I need to make it possible for someone to hover over the image and add their own rating.
4) If they’re not logged in/registered, then I need to send them to do that and then back to the “Rate Books” page.
Steps 1 & 2 I think could probably be done without code. 3 & 4 I’m guessing will need code. If anyone is up for the challenge I’d appreciate it.
this is not a BP support, it’s a WP and theming domain.
1) no !
2) depends of the number of books and their type
3) this is default behavior when WP insert a picture into a post
4) a conditionnal should be added to the page or the post content. WP question anyway.
- The topic ‘How to make a "post gallery" that has member ratings’ is closed to new replies.