How to structure my users for this purpose… ?
I am toying with starting a site that would essentially be a blogging platform, partly using BuddyPress.
- A core of several dozen users should be able to author posts.
- There would probably just be one blog (I would output “blog” sections by category/tag homepage).
- Site users should be able to register to follow, interact with the few dozen authors, though not blog themselves.
For the few dozen primary authors…
- Each should belong to some organisation/company entity. ie. There should be some group-type entities that can house these authors, ie. Company A, Company B.
- Those companies should also be expressed in their own right, with a page that lists their member authors and their content etc.
- See how, on GitHub, a member’s page is brilliant (https://github.com/chrisbarnes), and a member belongs to an organisation which has its own components (https://github.com/320press?tab=members).
I’m unsure whether what I want to accomplish can be achieved out of the box or requires plugins and, in either case, whether I should be achieving this through BuddyPress functionality or WordPress functionality.
Please can you advise?
- The topic ‘How to structure my users for this purpose… ?’ is closed to new replies.