Disable the plugins; reactive one of them. Is its problem still there? If there is no problem, reactive a second plugin. Does the problem reappear for the first plugin? If there is no problem, reactive the third plugin and check the first plugin again.
Do this until you find out which plugins are conflicting, then talk to their authors.
I deactivated ALL the plugins I have installed so only buddyPress is active
I activated one at a time in different orders and NON work
I am VERY sure this must be something with the setup of my server/system rather than the plugins – they ALL can’t be faulty!!
Any idea what system problem could result is these similar plugins not working
I have asked and they have kindly taken my problems on board, however as you can see I believe it may be something else…..
Clearly I have a problem ( a core problem ) something the great guys who make the plugins need not concern themselves with – and I completely understand.
At the beginning of a sites development I can’t continue with these problems…
But I really love buddypress and want to continue to use it – I guess I need to seek the help of someone who can diagnose and fix this problem once and for all.
I am assuming it’s one thing that is affecting ALL these plugins so once fixed all will be ok.
If you can fix this please can you tell me how much you will charge to do it ?
Hi – thanks for the reply
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2.9.2 not MU
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
Directory and test site sub directory
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
root and subdirectory for test site ( both have the same problems )
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
I stalled WP and then Buddypress straight away
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
can’t access them now will add them later tonight…
14. Which company provides your hosting?
AwardSpace – paid hosting NOT the free
CD Avatar Bubble (that’s my pluginm which is based on jQuery 1.3.2) is showing empty bubble because it’s not working on WP 3.0 where jQuery 1.4.2 is used.
I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with js code.
Thanks for the reply
That’s OK – am NOT running version 3
There were no errors in the error logs for the last 7 days
It’s a little hard to believe that with the issues you’re reporting that you have zero errors in your server’s log files. Did you manually install the 3rd-party plugins or use WP’s autoinstaller?
I would suggest reinstalling everything manually–including BP. You can start off first with just trying to manually reinstall the 3rd-party plugins. Before doing so, make sure that you first deactivated them. Then delete them from your /plugins folder. Next, download each plugin from the WP Plugin Repo and manually install and activate one at a time. Make sure that you reinstall them in your /plugins folder.
If you are still having issues, then start from scratch. This means deactivating all plugins including BuddyPress. Then, manually download, install, and activate BuddyPress. Next, reinstall the plugins one more time. Install each of them one by one with activating and testing each one before installing and activating the next.