Ideas for my website, need guidance
Hello all, I’m a novice (but learning) with regard to all server side scripting (I am only familiar with static html).
I have a lot of ideas for my WP/BuddyPress website that I need guidance with, I am using a modified version of the Frisco BP child theme.
1. I want to restrict access to Buddypress specific pages (forums, groups, activity feeds, profiles, etc) but keep blogs/articles 100% public and accessible through search engines. From my research I have created a bp-custom.php file in my plugins that redirects unregistered users to sign up. This is the part of the script:
global $bp, $bp_unfiltered_uri;
Is there a way to edit this to only limit it to certain pages and not globally? If not may I have a script to add to specific pages I want unauthorized to the public to refer them to the register page.
2. I will not be creating multiple networks (as in username.website.com). I want all content available throughout the entire network. I would like each users profile to have a “works contributed” section either showing their most recent, most popular, or a link to ALL of their works. Is this possible and how?
3. For users who are adding a post, I would like them to have an option to select “public”, “friends only”, “private” for each post they make. Obviously public would be visible site wide and included in search engines; where friends only/private would be limited to their friends/groups, and private would be for their eyes only i.e. diaries. This may not be possible, but if it can be done or something close to it is possible please let me know.
4. I would like users to be able to BLOCK other users / set their accounts to private (non friends can’t even see they exist) they would have to friend request others in order to be seen. Is this possible?
That’s about all for today, I appreciate any help.
- The topic ‘Ideas for my website, need guidance’ is closed to new replies.