Is BuddyPress suitable for my project?
I am looking to build a multi vendor marketplace mixed with a social network. I need following, could you please help and advise whether BP is suitable and possibly suggest pluxins/extensions? I am preferably looking to set it up free/low cost.
– 2 types of users can register – vendors & “buyers”
– vendors can list multiple services in default categories (set by admin)
– these services are bookable (date + time) – no physical products
– vendors can set how long each service lasts (e.g. if 2 hours, then automatically 2 hours will be blocked in their diary and other users can’t book them during this time)
– calendar view of free slots/bookings for vendors
– stats dashboard for vendor – earnings, broken down to actual earnings & commission to the marketplace owner (I will charge % + fixed fee of all bookings)
– the buyer needs to mark the booking as “delivered” in order for the money to be paid to the vendor (but the payment will be made to a PayPal account at the time of booking, where it will be deposited until the buyer confirms all was delivered OK)
– messaging between buyers and vendors (can be chat-like)
– vendor can create offers and coupons
– vendor can create photo albums
– photos can be liked
– buyers can follow vendors
An example would be something like Fiverr.
I worked a bit with WordPress before but never used BuddyPress and also since I worked in this field many things changed. So I am kinda lost and don’t know if I can achieve a marketplace like this purely run on WP and extensions.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.