Isolating member directory-related features
Hello, I have a client using WordPress that wishes to have a member directory. They are an organization of professionals and so they wish to have a section on the front end of their site that lists all active organization members. Some of the features include:
– Membership application form
– Searchable, sortable paginated list of members
– Member profile pages
– Interface for members to edit their profiles
– List view of members (sortable, searchable, paginated)
– Approve/deny interface for newly submitted applications
– PayPal integration for yearly membership fees
So, basically I’m wondering if BuddyPress is an acceptable solution for this. We would want to hide/disable a signification portion of BuddyPress’s features, such as groups, forums, and private messaging.
Is it common to harness the power of BuddyPress for only some of its features or is it really only designed to be implemented as a full social networking solution a la facebook? If anyone could offer me some insight into this I would be appreciated! Thank you.
- The topic ‘Isolating member directory-related features’ is closed to new replies.