I’ve been searching high and low…Still confused about BP
Helloooooo everybody(I’m glad you’re taking the time to help me, and hey, we all start somewhere),
So I’ve been looking into BuddyPress for about a month now, and I still can’t decide if its what I need. I love it and I respect all its glory, So let me explain what I need.
1) The overview of my site
– I want users to come to my site, register, and log in. I would love to be able to customize the way these pages look!(background image, logo, and content inside them). With regard to my user experience, I need everything done from the front end because the backend is too confusing for members.
2) What users can do on my site
– Okay, this is what I’m having trouble figuring out. I’m not looking for a full-blown social media site (yet). I want to build a site that where users can log in, create a “blog” excerpt with media and then post it.An example would be “Me and my dog” with photos, and a paragraph explaining. They should also be able to put a location tag on it. When they post it, the only people I want to see that are the people they added as friends or if they have their profile set to public. And when it shows up on their friend’s news feed it should just show a featured image, title, and the beginning of their text with a like counter.When their friends click on that post it brings them to the full blog post, not just the featured image. Their friends can favorite the content or comment on it. On a users profile, I would like to show their recent posts, and posts they’ve favorited. and that’s it. No excess information like a changed profile picture, etc. An extended bio profile would work great as well.
– I’m not looking for messaging, groups, sitewide activity, or showcasing my own personal blog to the members. I would like this site to be customized solely for the user. I wouldn’t mind having a site homepage. Would I need to enable multi-site to allow this to happen?
3) I would like this to look simple, and clean; so that brings me up to my final hurdle. What theme should I use? I’ve been looking at X, Divi, and Soledad. Are any of these themes able to do what I’m looking for? I would love to just be able to customize how everything looks on my site.
Thanks & happy holidays
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.