Migration plan from a wp/bbpress site to wp-mu/buddypress site
I hope someone here can help me, I looked around and did a lot of research and testing, but I thought I would come here for a sanity check before I set down to this thing.
What I have:
1 very popular, highly customized wp 2.8 blog with 2 users
1 popular .9 bbpress forum (unintegrated) with 5000 users
What I want:
Migrate the blog and forum to buddypress
Migrate the 5000 bbpress members to buddypress
So here, basically is what I need to do, as I see it:
1) backup all dbs, files, etc
2) remove all the files from my blog’s host
3) install wp mu
4) import and setup my old blog’s data (posts, tags, etc) via ssh
5) setup buddypress, other plugins
> to fully take advantage of bp 1.1, I should have created a custom child theme already, one that matches the design and customization of my current site
6) import old bbpress users to wp-mu via ssh
7) integrate my forum
> I need to research this a bit more, but my bbpress and my wp are 2 different databases, so with bp 1.1 if I combine these, it sounds like it will be easier to integrate these?
This is going to be a lot of work for me. Does this sound like a reasonable plan of action? The forum integration might still be tricky for me, but if I figure this all out, I will have a fully integrated site, which is the goal.
- The topic ‘Migration plan from a wp/bbpress site to wp-mu/buddypress site’ is closed to new replies.