Skip to:

Moved site to a new domain…just have a couple of problems..

  • kiwipearls


    I have just moved my MU 2.9.2 and buddypress 1.2.3 site to a new domain. Probably did it a bit backwards, but have done it nonetheless. I have managed to get all users imported to new site DB – and only imported those members that have blogs.

    Everything looking good except…

    I have two logins, admin and my personal username, under the old domain, I had my personal username set up as the site adminstrator – so that I did not have to keep logging in under admin.

    In WordPress Mu I can go to both dashboards under the My Blogs link. But I would like for it to show in the buddypress bar at the top of the page – like on the old domain. Where I can acess both blogs from the My blogs pulldown menu. I know this isn’t a huge propblem, but for ease of use, it would be great to fix this.

    Seeing I can access everything in MU, I am thinking this is a buddypress problem? I have imported accross all BP tables and still it does not work. Is there a way to edit the SQL manually in phpmyadmin? If so, how do I go about doing this?

    I eagerly await hearing from you on this little problem I am having.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

  • kiwipearls


    Managed to fix this.

    In phpmyadmin I went to wp_bp_user_blogs table

    Inserted the new data associated with my user id and the blog id that I wanted to see.

    id user_id blog_id
    1 1 1
    2 4 4
    3 6 6
    4 15 12
    5 15 1
    6 6 1
    7 4 1

    As you can see I ad the new Id of 7, my user id is 4, and assigned it to blog 1.

    It is odd that my other users were assigned correctly to both their blogs and the main blog, yet my user id was not.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Moved site to a new domain…just have a couple of problems..’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar