Multi Network questions…
Hi, I have a need to setup a network of wp sites, what I need is a main blog that is a news style theme wordpress blog and a number of child sites that are all buddypress social networks, is this possible with networked wp?
Main site = site1.com (wordpress news theme)
Child Site = child1.site1.com (buddypress theme/network)
Child Site = child2.site1.com (buddypress theme/network)
Child Site = child3.site1.com (buddypress theme/network)
I have tried to push ahead and test the install on a test site, I followed these steps:
1. Installed WordPress on main site – site1.com
2. Installed and setup WP Multi Network
3. Created my child sites – child1.site1.com, child2.site1.com, child3.site1.com etc – all works fine
4. Installed Buddypress on site1.com (network install, couldn’t install on child sites which was expected but a shame)
At this stage I noticed the site1.com had buddy press (I figure I can hide the bits on this site if I don’t want to have social networking on the main site) .. but I also noticed the sub sites have buddypress but just linking back to the mainsite, they are not social networks in there own right, each separate, which is what I need…. so
5. I installed BP Multi Network – to have separate networks
This didn’t do what I expected, the sites still all appear to link from the main site, the sub sites do not have pages for:
I could create these but they will all go back to the main site, they need to be site specific, separate for each site…. which is what I expected BP Multisite to do..?
Any ideas? thanks
I can put up with buddypress on the main site, although I hoped not to have so I could have a good newspaper/magazine theme on the main site, but if thats the only way to have all the user databases connected I can hide what I need to.
Any help please?
My basic requirement is to have a network of sites using the same user database, someone registers on one they can log into another, subsites are all social networking sites, main site is a news/magazine platform.
hummm help plz
- The topic ‘Multi Network questions…’ is closed to new replies.