How recently did you set this up? I couldn’t upload avatars for a day or so after I installed BP. Not sure why, but you might give it a day or two, which is an irritating but easy fix.
I set it up a few days ago
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? WP 3.0
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? root
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? n/a
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? no clean install
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes
6. Which version of BP are you running? Latest
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? n/a
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? Yes but only after testing
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? Standard
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? no
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? no
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? n/a
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. n/a
14. Which company provides your hosting? digiweb.ie
when I try and upload avatars i get this message “Upload Failed! Error was: Unable to create directory /avatars/1. Is its parent directory writable by the server?” I created a folder and even gave permissions but same problem.
This is a big problem please help
1) I’m able to register and see my newly-created profile on your website. Your users have to activate their account via email before logging in.
2) Did you setup the Buddypress forums correctly under the “Buddypress > Forums Setup” menu in the WP admin area?
3) Make sure your wp-content/uploads directory has the right permissions. Check out this article for more info:
I had two people I know that signed up they never got any email one being my father who uses this computer too, Can I deactivate email verifications? I will add permissions I did all the set up for the forum correctly just permissions I was not sure about.
added permissions but same problem with the forum
Another issue I’ve just come across I am unable to delete users.