“My Account” menus do not work
I cannot get the “My Account” menu options to work. They mostly just pull up the Members Directory page as opposed to the specified function even though the URL shows that it is the page for the corresponding function. For example, when I select My Account – Profile – Change Avatar I get Members Directory page with a URL listing of http://pecanpeakranch.com/community/members/administrator/profile/change-avatar/.
Not sure what I have done wrong. Probably something simple/stupid. I’m not looking to do anything fancy, just a basic BP community installation so I am happy to take the path of least risk to resolve and establish a working community.
Site is at http://pecanpeakranch.com/community. Details of my install are below. Thank you in advance for your support!
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? WP 3.0.4 / BP 1.2.7
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? Not sure and not sure if this still matters with the new version based on reading forums.
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? Ditto. Let me know if I need to check this some way but I do not understand how to do so.
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? No.
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. N/A. This is a new install. I can easily go back and start from the beginning but I have done so and still have the same issue.
6. Which version of BP are you running? BP 1.2.7
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? No.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? Customizable Permalinks v 1.0. Looks like this is recommended to be activated on all installs from the documentation.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? BuddyPress Default 1.2.7
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No.
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Came with bbPress built in. In other words there is no plug-in for bbPress shown in my panel. When creating groups it asks me if I want to auto-create one and I say yes.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. No errors and I do not know how to check the log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting? Yahoo – Small Business.
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Not sure but I can find out if needed.
Thanks for supplying the information! It really helps us a-lot when trying to figure out your issue
The “customizable permalinks v 1.0 is the culprit!” temporarily de-activate it so see if it fixes it.
Thank you for your response. I de-activated “customizable Permalinks” and the issue persists. I did clear my cache to see if that would help and it did not.
I did some installs with a trial version of DreamHost and did not get the same issue until I activated the “Platform” theme. When I went back to the Default BP theme the issue went away. I have played around with this a bit and come to the following conclusions.
1. Yahoo hosting may not be the right choice for me (and BuddyPress) because it does not provide enough control over removing databases and other files that persist even after a reinstall.
2. The Platform theme may be for more experienced WordPress users.
Not sure if this information will help future users but feel free to reach out in this thread if you are having similar issues with Yahoo and/or the Platform theme.
Thank you for your help. I am good for now.
- The topic ‘“My Account” menus do not work’ is closed to new replies.