New to buddypress
Hi, I am new both to buddypress as well as wordpress, so i am not sure if this is the right place to ask…but I have a few questions. If someone can help me with them or guide me to the right place, it would be very helpful.
1. The groups that will be created should be available to all users of the site without the need to join the group. I do not want them to have any joining option
2. I would like a few recently active threads from forum on any group – both sticky as well as non-sticky – to appear on the group’s main display page as well.
3. I want to change the permalink style for both groups and forums. Instead of “/community/groups” or “/group”, i would like some option of my own; and likewise in case of “/forum”.
4. I want to add some extra fields in the description section of the groups.
5. I want to add some extra sections in the user’s profile section
6. For the groups, I want to straightaway upload data in the phpmyadmin backend using a excel uploader where-in I have data for all the groups I want to be auto-created once I upload the excel data into the table. My question on this is -> is it possible to do it this way? Also, can these groups have some default threads automatically created?
i had some other problems that i was able to solve on my own. just mentioning them here in case someone else needs a hand with them
1. implementing autosuggest in the search field
2. Wanted the users to have their username as profile handlers, i.e. their profile-url to be “website.com/username”
3. When a user logs in, which page should he be redirected to.
its perfectly fine if there are no direct plugin options available for any or all of the problems, but even if i could be pointed in the right direction as to how and which files need to be edited, I might be able to do that on my own. I do have some knowledge of php.
Please help a noob. Much appreciated.
- The topic ‘New to buddypress’ is closed to new replies.