I am considering using BUDDYPRESS – but have the following extremely simple questions that confuse me at present :
1. Does BuddyPress need WORDPRESS MU or can it be created in a WORDPRESS ordinary blog – in addition do I have to find a hosting platform to host it – or can I just use the standard WORDPRESS blooging platform ?
2. The BuddyPress example looks quite complex (from the point of view of people viewing a site which uses it) eg you would normally describe a theme for a website on a first page then have categories eg if I did a music site – I would say have counties in the UK or towns say Cambridge, Hertford, …. and then have sub categories for ttypes of music eg choral, orchestral,folk….. – is all this sort of thing achievable with BUDDYPRESS ?
3. I am a programmer and have used databases (SQLITENING/SQLITE) using development tools such as POWERBASIC – with Buddypress both on the client and server ends – is it possible to program in database links to connect with apps written in POWERBASIC which connect to SQLITENING/SQLITE databases (as dotnetnuk seems to do for proprietory Microsoft SQL databases) ?
4. Can you recommend a good (cheap) development platform for BUDDYPRESS/WORDPRESS ?
- The topic ‘Newbie questions’ is closed to new replies.