No “add friend” or messaging buttons
I have installed buddypress and everything is working except there are no “add friend” or public/private message buttons under the cover photo, to the right of the profile photo.
Troubleshooting steps I have already taken:
1. Plugins – I deactivated them all except buddypress, refreshed page, no buttons.
2. Theme – I am using a theme called Video Pro which is compatible with Buddypress and has some integration settings too. Others seem to be using Buddypress fine and there are no issues on their support forums with it.
3. I deleted the plugin and reinstalled a fresh version. Still no buttons.
4. I am running this on a regular domain, not a subdomain but I have the site password protected. I added a couple of users to Buddypress so that there would be friends to add. If I go to the member directory I can request friend there but not from the other buddypress pages as I expected to see.
5. The code in the area I think they should be looks like this:
<div id="item-header-content"> <h2 class="user-nicename">@gatehousedesign</h2> <ul class="member-header-actions action"> </ul> <div class="item-meta"> <span class="activity">active right now</span> </div><!-- #item-meta --> </div><!-- #item-header-content -->
Anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated if you do. Maybe there’s some privacy setting I haven’t unchecked…? Or a conflict? I don’t see any errors in console.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.