[Resolved] “Notifications” Permalink Bug
Hey BuddyPress team!
This is Dylan from The WP Valet and I think we’ve found quiet a strange bug on our client’s site.
I’ll cover how to replicate the bug, then provide all the debug information.
- Create a topic with a title of “Notifications” (this also works with “Notifications X Y Z…)
- Visit the BuddyPress toolbar and choose Notifications -> Unread
- This should bring you to your topic created instead of your actual unread notifications.
We noticed this was happening when there were two separate slugs that started with /notifications-x-y-z
After deleting the first /notifications, the second /notifications-x-y-z topic would start showing up when visiting unread notifications.
On to the debug information. 🙂
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Algolia Realtime Search – Version 0.1
bbPress – Version 2.5.8
bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab – Version 1.0.1
BuddyPress Notifications Widget – Version 1.1.1
Facebook Open Graph, Google+ and Twitter Card Tags – Version 1.6.3
GotoWebinar Button – Version 0.4
Gravity Forms – Version 1.9.13
Gravity Forms AWeber Add-On – Version 2.3
Gravity Forms Survey Add-On – Version 2.5
Header and Footer Scripts – Version 1.3.2
KB Backtick Comments – Version 0.2
ManageWP – Worker – Version 4.1.12
MonkeyPlugin – Version 1.0
myCRED – Version 1.6.3
Nav Menu Roles – Version 1.7.1
Respondo Pro Shortcodes – Version 1.0
Sticky Menu (or Anything!) on Scroll – Version 1.3.1
Theme My Login – Version 6.3.12
VaultPress – Version 1.7.6
W3 Total Cache – Version 0.9.4.1
Widget Logic – Version 0.57
Wishlist bbPress Integration – Version 1.0.2
WishList Member™ – Version 2.90.2860
WP Crontrol – Version 1.2.3
WP External Links – Version 1.80
Yoast SEO – Version 2.3.4
9. Are you using the standard WordPress theme or customized theme?
Custom – RespondoPro – Version: 1.0.2
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
bbPress – Version 2.5.8
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Linux, Apache, Varnish
- The topic ‘[Resolved] “Notifications” Permalink Bug’ is closed to new replies.