Plugin/Functionality Idea: Buddypress ’My Stuff’
I think I’m going to try and build this, but if anyone else likes the idea and wants to give it a go (since my skills are intermediate at best), please feel free.
The idea is to have a kind of ‘dashboard’ in a collapsed-by-default, toggle-able .message div, with all a user’s ‘stuff’ easily accessible in one click. I’m thinking to have it for the site I’m building, which is forums-forward, in the header area of the forums directory (or maybe a slide-in panel, but I’m not entirely keen on those), but it could as a plugin be made to be global and display stuff contextually depending on what’s being viewed, of course.
In the block would be links to (at least some of) the last X (where X is 5 or something)
1) Forum threads I created
2) Forum threads I commented in
3) Forum threads I favorited (would need to add favoriting to forum threads)
4) Activity stream items I posted
5) Activity stream items I favorited
6) Activity stream items I replied to
7) Personal message threads
8 ) @mentions of my username
9) a search field that searches only my own commment/activity/etc
10) maybe even recent comments to my hosted blog and stuff
I think something like this would go a long way to helping users keep track of their own activity from visit to visit, and decrease the number of clicks to get to various areas of the app now to try and find things, to consolidate and pull stuff all together like a fine rug. That hopefully nobody would pee on.
- The topic ‘Plugin/Functionality Idea: Buddypress ’My Stuff’’ is closed to new replies.